Saturday, January 1, 2011

Black Swan



I knew as soon as I saw the trailer for this movie that I would be obsessed with it. First of all, I have always been a huge fan of Natalie, but I also absolutely love Gothic films. This is certainly no exception. The movie, of course, is filled with dark undertones, but the exquisite cinematography manages to balance it out quite nicely. Nonetheless, I would have to say that it is easily one of the most disturbing films that I have ever seen. It is also one of my very favorites. This is largely due to the spectacular performance by Natalie Portman.

The film depicts the inner-conflict of Portman's character Nina, a professional ballet dancer with a burdensome need to achieve perfection. Undoubtedly at her very best, Natalie is so incredibly raw and complex that I often forgot that I was just watching a movie. The Oscar will certainly not elude her this year, mark my words!
We must not forget the supporting cast, however, as Mila Kunis also gives an incredible performance as the films apparent antagonist.





If you haven't seen this movie yet, be sure to see it before it leaves theaters! It may not be your cup of tea, and you will more than likely leave the theater having no idea what just happened, as I certainly did, but after some reflection you come to your own conclusions. The ability to produce that effect on the audience, in my opinion, shows the mark of true genius.

xoCeri

2 comments:

  1. i want to watch it :):)
    thanks por passing by and following me, it means a lot :)

    M*
    http://notimeforsleeping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Off Just Like To Say Thanks For The Follow And Comment I'm Following You Now! And I Really Wanna See This Film Don't Think It's Out In England Yet Though.

    ReplyDelete